Saturday, October 23, 2010

Talking

I've always been a talker.  I been talking since I started.  I'll talk to anyone.  The problem with talking to everyone is that there are too many people out there who want to talk to anyone and not a single person will talk to them.  Beyond that, if I have a conversation with anyone, I'm ready to keep talking to that person often.  I want to know what makes people tick.  These conversations often let me in on information that ain't to fun.  That's a sort of obvious one I guess.  Well, in the end I've spent so much time talking and not any time with any focus.  I just talk and talk and talk.  You get the picture.

In linguistics class I learned that guys talk more than girls.  Most people were shocked.  I wadn't at all.  I knew it.  I had a very long conversation with my co-worker about life the other day.  He's just about the only person who freely shares the true good and bad openly with me at work.  I'm glad that they ain't a ton more.  It's not easy to give good advice.  I give him the best advice I could, but I still felt as if I was being above the situation.  I told him what I thought about the situation and then said, "Yep!"  The advice was based on what I thought God wanted him to do and the advice was clear.  He got it!  The amazing thing is that I think that I got more out of his problem than he did.  I guess I should have said that I got more out of the solution.