Saturday, April 25, 2009

I Wanna Fly

I remember when I graduated with my French/English degree in Ed. I couldn't find one good teaching job. In fact, they wadn't but one job to apply to. I did that and did not get the job I wanted. I was so bothered with the fact that I answered questions in a way that did not allow me to get selected for the job. Interviews have little to do with how well a person can do a job. I am convinced that I would have been able to do the job and do it well. I would not have gone to South Korea. I would have never met the cool people that I got to know there and I don't think I'd have any of the jobs I have now. It is crazy how things work out. We have little or no control of our lives. This gets on my nerves, but in the end.... it is what is best.

Now, I am in a similar situation. I am unable to do what I want around here. I have enjoyed my time, but now it is time to go. I feel as if I must go. I try to want to stay, but then I get to feelin' as if that's not quite right. I must fly somewhere. I do not want to go just anywhere. There are some places that seem to call me and others that are just dots on a map without anything drawing me. For some reason, Alaska keeps a callin'. I am not sure why. I have a strange desire to do radical things with my life like get on a plane to go to South Korea without telling my family and stay for a year. I am in that place again, but this time it is much better. Last time I was a runnin' from life rather than living life. I thought that if I went far that my troubles would be gone. Didn't happen, but in the process I learned more about life than during any other period of my life. This time I feel like I need to go for other reasons. Not sure what they are other than there ain't much around here to keep me here.

The places that I have applied to can only be reached by airplane. They have roads which do not connect to the rest of the state. I can take boats to the nearest cities as well if I feel like spending a few hours on one. Beyond that, I'll be in a small village. Not sure why I want to go to these types of places, but hey......, I do strange stuff. They pay is amazing and that is a plus. But, I must remember that I have little or no control over where I'll end up. I know this. I'll have to wait and see what happens. I really think it would be cool to take a plane around from one village to another just for the heck of it. I will do it one day, but I just don't know if it will be a vacation or my life.

2 comments:

K-Dogg said...

strange guys do strange things. whadya expect?

your song is making me crazy.

Burkulater said...

i have never flown anywhere. kind of weird.