Saturday, September 12, 2009

Youth

Youth have always been a part of my life since as far back as I can think. Tonight I got together to start to thinkin' about a grant for the youth center here in town. It is the only thing in the region that serves youth in the ways that I see fit. They provide everything from homework help to a place to exercise. They's not a ton to do here, so some find ways of spending their time in ways that ain't the best. I'd just like to see more stuff for kids to do here rather than get into stuff that ain't the best.

I can't believe that I am helping to write a grant. What the heck? It is just very different than anything I've ever done, but more of the same. The building needs a ton of support. First off, there is really nothing in between the walls and it gets mighty cold up here in the winter. I'm a- scared to see winter in fact. I don't have far to walk to work, but I do have to make the walk. I went to the gas station today and seen a student who had a puppy under a sweatshirt. It was funny to see. Nobody even bothered to care unless she showed them. I got a $3 huge diet pop which made my day. I drunk it like somebody could steal it or take it from me. The simple things excite me here when I get them. A pop.... for real!

It is the weekend and they's more work to do than I can imagine on my worst day. New books came for 7th and 8th grade for the first time in a LONG TIME. I just got extra training on an online reading program. Between the both of 'em, I ain't got a clue what's gonna happen in my classes in the near future. Time goes by and I just allow it to pass me by. I worked until 8ish tonight and dread the morning because I know I ain't gonna work as fast or as long as I ought to.
The grades are due on Sunday night and I don't want parents a callin' and a screamin'. I must get it done.

I just wanna sleep right now.