Monday, January 12, 2009

Calm Before the Return to Work---Not!!

I thought yesterday was going to be a calm day. I also thought that everything would be run of the mill. Despite my dreams of having a peaceful and uneventful Sunday, many other things happened. Church went well except for the fact that I was 20 minutes late. I hate being late, so that was not good. Everything there was interesting and enjoyable, but after everything started to change a bit.

First, instead of either going out to eat with my friends or going to the Taco Bell that's one block away from chruch, I went to a Taco Bell 20 minutes away. I am not too sure how this happened. Thankfully, there were 10 others who decided to make the voyage. I then left there and made a pit stop at the cafe to chill and whatever.

After all of this, I took my mom grocery shopping. Let me tell you that this is the most awful experience almost every time. It went off fairly smooth this time without too many annoying things. However, after all of that my mom proposed making some CVS stops to buy stuff for the soup kitchen. We bought 4 buggies full of candy and cranberry sauce at two places. Now I have to deliver all of it. After that I was forced to create a place in a tiny room for my mom's treadmill. Everything that used to be in my closet had to be transfered to my current room. It was packed from the floor to the ceiling. I never knew that my mom had so much crap. I guess she just pushes it in any place that has an hole or open space. Moving everything from one closet to another is a big job. So finally, it is done.

After all the stuff was went through and countless amounts of stuff was sorted to go to the clothes closet at the church, I decided that it was really time to go to bed. I layed there for 2 1/2 hours thinking about what I was going to have to deal with in the morning. New students always freak me out. I never know what they are going to be like. It took me 35 minutes to make a 14 min. drive. Arrrrr. I hope I can take me a good nap after work.

1 comment: