Friday, January 16, 2009

Cold and Colder

I woke up in time to get ready for work. I guess I am the only teacher around working today. All of the schools are closed because it is too cold for little children to walk. I think it is too cold for me to walk too. I tried to open my screen door that was froze shut and ran out to my car to turn it on. It barely turned over. I had it warm up as I peered out my window holding a bowl of hot oatmeal. The whole time I was thinking..... "IT IS COLD"!

I drove to work and as I was walking through the parking lot I could hardly breathe. What the heck? I have only been colder one time and that was in the mother province of the mother land. My nose froze shut there which was super weird. I made it into class and realized that most of the students were not there because of the cold. The schools were closed, so their children are at home.

I was asking myself if there is anything colder than the cold that I have experienced in Quebec or this morning. I guess the answer is yes. It is much colder to have a bunch of grain stored away in a silo and let it rot rather than share it with someone who has bones sticking out of his/her stomach. I have a huge problem with hunger. I struggle with it daily, but not quite like others who have no way to fix the problem. All I have to do it walk to the fridge or charge some food on the credit card and "sha-bang", I have food. Sometimes I feel like my silo is full and I don't share what I can't possibly use. I encourage everyone to get rid of stuff that they will never use. It can be food, clothes, money (doubt that's anyone who reads my blog). LOL!!

1 comment:

Burkulater said...

I think your "silo" is my fridge.