Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I Want to Run No More

Part One:
I wish there was a place here on this wonderful planet where we could not have problems. Lord knows, I have a ton of problems. I guess the biggest one today is the death of my aunt. There is not a single thing I can do about it. In fact, at the point where she was, I wouldn't want to change that either. So, either way I face a problem. Either way, I can't control a single thing. The next problem is going to the funeral home. I usually don't hate it as much as other people, but in this case, I hate even the thought of it more than anyone could imagine. So many people in my family will be there. Mainly my pere. He and his bimbo wife just say and do the sickest worst things one could think of. I'm only going for a short time. I just know that as soon as I see them, I'll want to run.

Part Two:
So, it is over. I went to the funeral home. Of course, there was the regular situation. I walked in and went directly to view my aunt. This is the first time in my life that I was not the least bit sad at the funeral home. Don't get me wrong, I will miss her a ton, but she wasn't there to go and see. I had already rationalized that. It was only weird when my dad's wife felt the need to come up to me and ask if she could talk to me. I was able to simply say, "I'm not interested." Of course, my dad had nothing to say to me. So be it! I am so pleased that I was able to not be angry at her while simply telling her the way I felt. I was quickly told by a few people that I just spoke my peace and that's it. All in all, there was no drama. Very good news. It is sad when the worst thing about a funeral isn't having lost someone, but the crazy people who are still alive!

1 comment:

Susan B said...

Hey, Ray
I am sorry to hear about your aunt. It seems that the holiday season is also one for milestones like this. In any case, you will be fine. All you need to do is stand by your family and if other people want to act badly, just be calm. You can't control them but you can control your reactions to them. Your reactions will set the tone, so as my mom says, "Rise above."
You will be FINE.
See you Sunday?
SB